Demond Price popularly, and professionally called “Conway the Machine” is one of the most celebrated American rappers from Buffalo, New York. Alongside his paternal half-brother Westside Gunn and Cousin Benny the Butcher, Conway is a member of Griselda Records. He achieved fame as a musician after surviving a near-fatal gunshot in 2012.
A combination of gritty bars and a slow, threatening delivery helped him establish himself as a significant figure in New York’s underground scene, eventually landing a contract with Eminem’s Shady Records.
|Full Name||Conway The Machine|
|Real name||Demond Price|
|Age||39 years old|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Birthplace||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Date of birth||February 16, 1982|
|Net worth||2 million|
Conway’s Early Life
Conway the Machine’s real name is Demond Price, and he was born on February 16, 1982, in Buffalo, New York, U.S.A. From his father’s side, he has a half-brother called Westside Gunn. Benny The Butcher, his cousin, is also a rapper, as is his uncle Ben.
Conway had already served his time in prison, which inspired him to pursue a musical career. The year 2012 saw him suffer a terrible accident, which he survived. In the aftermath of being shot in the back of the head and neck, Conway’s right side of the face became paralyzed.
Personal Life of Conway
Talking about his family, Conway has a half-sister and a brother named Westside Gunn, who is also a rapper in terms of family. Meanwhile, Benny the Butcher, a fellow Griselda Records artist, is his distant relative.
Conway the Machine has chosen to remain anonymous when it comes to his personal life. However, we have received confirmation that he is a married guy. He has not, however, provided any more information about his wife.
Conway recently made headlines after the police detained him and his wife, as well as a few friends when they returned from the burial of DJ Shay and were taken into custody.
The real cause for his arrest, on the other hand, has not been disclosed at this time. The police subsequently freed Conway and his wife, but the authorities were still holding his friends.
His half-brother Westside Gunn and he collaborated on several projects in 2014, published on Gunn’s hip hop record label, Griselda Records, under their respective names.
He also collaborated with his cousin Benny the Butcher on a variety of projects. Two official mixtapes named “The Devil’s Reject” and “Reject 2,” published under the imprint Griselda Records in 2015, were released.
It was via the mixtape that he had his first significant break and became well-known among music fans worldwide.
A few years later, in 2016, Conway collaborated with Hall and Nash to create two E.P.s, named “Hall & Nash” and “Griselda Ghost.” His third mixtape, “G. O. A. T.,” was released on December 21, 2017.
Following the signing of a new contract with Shady Records, Griselda Records released the mixtape. It was also a success, and the following year, Conway collaborated with D.J. Green Lantern on another mixtape titled” More Steroids,” which got positive reviews.
This year, Conway continued his musical adventure by collaborating with D.J. Premier on the song “Headlines,” released on January 25.
His first album was released two months later, on July 19, with the first song from the album, “God Don’t Make Mistakes.” Additionally, his studio album “From King to a God,” which was published in 2020, was a huge success.
View this post on Instagram
Conway’s Net Worth
The famous American Rapper firm Buffalo “Conway the Machine” has multiple sources of income that enable him to skyrocket his net worth to over $2 million as of the 2022 update.
He earns most of his money from his professional career (selling tickets, selling records, show performances, brand ambassador, and social media promotions), and from his other businesses.
He is a citizen of the United States. Personal fortune for Conway the Machine is believed to be in the neighborhood of $2 million.
Some interesting facts about Conway the Machine
- Conway suffered from Bell’s Palsy due to the gunshot, which immobilized his right side of the face. Despite his sickness, Conway continued to release songs and music.
- Conway Gunn, who was managed by his brother Westside Gunn, caught the attention of major record companies. However, in 2012, his musical ambitions were dashed when he was shot in the back of his neck and back of the skull.
- According to his official measurements, the rapper is now 5 feet 8 inches or 173 cm tall and weighs about 75 kilograms or 165 pounds.
- Before beginning his rap career, Conway The Machine immersed himself in a life of crime for many years. Following a prison term, he walked away from everything and started pursuing music professionally.
- He is currently actively engaged in his job, and he has been employed as a musician for the last nine years, having begun his professional career in 2012.
- As a result of many notable joint works, Conway has acquired the label of mixtape legend. “Black Tape,” “Reject on Steroids,” and “Everybody Is F.O.O.D.” are some of the projects that helped him reach this level of success.
- According to Wikispro, Conway is one of the most well-known musicians on the planet and is placed in the same category as the person who was born in 1982.
- Speaking about Conway’s following projects in 2019, “Conway moved beyond talent this year, into himself, with gratifying results,” stated Dan-O of Freemusicempire of Free Music Empire.
Conway, who took in $3 million and had a net worth of $5 million, is a successful businessman. Conway made the most of his money through the sale of his Yeezy shoes.
While he had inflated the scale of his company throughout the years, the money he earned from his career was genuine–enough to place him among the top ten highest-earning celebrities of all time in terms of earnings.
His primary source of income comes mostly from his work as a famous musician.
He was known by the stage name Conway the Machine, but his real name is Demond Price, and he was born on March 24th, 1979, in Los Angeles, California.
He was born in the city of Buffalo, in the state of New York. Westside Gunn is his brother, and he is also well-known for his rapping abilities.
At the start of his professional career, he was shot in the back of the head, but he was fortunate in that he survived; however, the left side of his face was paralyzed.
Immediately following this incident, he records one album and releases his first studio album, The Devil’s Reject, in 2015. Following that, he releases the second part of the album, which you can call a sequel, titled “Reject 2.”