King Von was a Chicago, Illinois-based rapper who got famous in the early 2000s. He was well known for songs such as “Problems,” “War with Us,” and “Crazy Story,” among others.
The Chicago native got signed to Lil Durk’s Only the Family Records after being discovered by the rapper (OTF). The two of them grew up in the same town.
King Von’s real name is Dayvon Bennett, and he was born on August 9, 1994, in Chicago, Illinois. He represented the 6400 block of South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, often known as O’Block.
Von spent many years in jail before beginning his rapping career. He was facing a slew of serious accusations, including attempted murder and murder.
|Known as||American rapper|
|Born||August 9, 1994, Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Died||November 6, 2020, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Full name||Dayvon Daquan Bennett|
|Celebrated Name||King Von|
|Birth Name||Dayvon Bennett|
|Profession||Rapper and Songwriter|
Early Life of Von
King Von was born on August 9, 1994, and was a rapper, singer and songwriter in the United States. He’s successful with his 2018 Crazy Story song and was awarded the record label Lil Durk, Only Family and EMPIRE.
Chicago native King Von grew up in Parkway Gardens, often known as “O’Block,” which is situated at the intersection of 64th and Martin Luther King Drive on Chicago’s South Side. He spent most of his childhood there.
Lil Durk is also a rapper his childhood buddy, and they grew up together. “Grandson” earned him the moniker since he was the founder of the Black Disciples, of which the late rapper was said to have belonged.
At 16 years of age, King Von was the first time in prison and was accused of shooting death and injuring another person in 2014, which showed him to be innocent. He was detained on the 21st of November, 2012, for illegal possession of a weapon, and he was arrested again in 2019, this time in connection with a shooting that occurred in the city of Atlanta.
Von rapping Career
- King Von, the pummeling hip hop sub-genre, was founded in Chicago and became one of the fastest-growing artists in the drill. With only two years of raping under his belt, King Von already has a strong run that emerging musician can only dream about. King Von recognized that he needed a new strategy in life after he defeated a murder accusation. In 2017, he picked rap as his professional path and made the correct choice as soon as he began to experience success. He had pleased so much his buddy Lil Durk that in 2018 he offered King Von a chance via his Only Family Entertainment company.
- King Von published his problems on 1 August 2018. King Von published his sultry Crazy Story on December 6, 2018, which would ultimately be certified gold and feature on his September 2019 project Grandson Vol. 1. The video for the song was shown more than 20 million times on December 11, 2018. On 3 May 2019, the Lil Durk Crazy Story 2.0 and a music video peaking at number four on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 list were released. A third version of the song named Crazy Story Pt. 3 was released on September 13, 2019. For his viral song Crazy Story, King Von gets a gold plate (and a video view of 50 million).
- King Von also released singles of cousins with JusBlow600 in March 2019 and King Von and Lil Durk with Booka600’s song “Ok Ok” in June 2019. King Von then relocated from Chicago to Atlanta, the site of the country’s largest rap scene. But he stays loyal to the aesthetic and manner of his Chicago Street.
- Lil Durk and King Von released their collaboration song Like That on July 9, 2019. On 2 September 2019, he released his song What It’s Like on his next album Grandson, Vol. 1. On the 19th of September 2019, he launched his fifteen-track debut album: Grandson, Vol. 1, which included Lil Durk on two songs, the Billboard 200 album made its debut at 75, and Hip Hop/R&B Songs Airplay at 27. The song 2 A.M was released on 16 November 2019. He released on 29 November 2019 the song Rolling with YNW Melly accompanied by a single music video. On 10 January 2020, Detroit rapper Sada Baby released his song Press featuring King Von.
- His newest Took Her to the O Single is already viral in the background of his forthcoming Levon James mixture. He composed it ‘a cappella’ while in prison and the Chop squad producer built the instrumental around it, a reverse of the normal procedure of King Von. He claimed he used his time in jail to polish his narrative.
- On March 6, 2020, Levon James will release his latest studio album, Levon James. It is a tribute to LeBron James, the NBA’s greatest player. LeBron’s son, Bronny Jr., a 15-year-old kid, is a big Chicago rapper lover. Indeed, last year’s teenagers presented the stories of King Von to Beats by Dre speakers from the James family. The album features many stars, including G Herbo and Lil Durk. It adds to his two-year outstanding hits, a high point in a booming career. The album builds on the 2019 full-length King Von’s Grandson Vol. 1 sonic palette that remains true to the traditional drill sound, which combines blown-out rhythms with stunning effects. King Von filled his verses with tales of criminal fiction, drafted urban novels with his lyrics, and found inspiration from his personal experiences—the history of law enforcement involving arrests and jails.
- King Von doesn’t care about the rap game in particular. He has escaped the difficult position, but he leaves as soon as he has enough cash.
View this post on Instagram
King Von Personal Life
On November 6, 2020, at the age of 26, King Von passed away. He had been shot in Atlanta, Georgia, outside the Monaco Hookah Lounge.
He died as a result of his injuries. Following accounts, a quarrel in a parking lot is believed to have prompted the fatal gunshot. The confrontation resulted in the deaths of two more people.
Originally from Africa, King Von stood 5ft 9in tall and was of African-American ancestry. His net worth was estimated to be $750 thousand US dollars at the time of his death.
King Von was a member of the Black Disciples gang on the streets of New York City. David Barksdale (King Dave), his grandfather, was the organization’s founder. Von was detained on July 22, 2014, when he was 19 years old. In addition to one allegation of murder, he was charged with two charges of attempted murder.
The incident took occurred on May 29 near 5700 South LaSalle Street in Chicago, Illinois, and was broadcast live on the internet. Malcolm Stuckey was killed and two people were injured in the shooting.
Von was imprisoned for about three and a half years before being freed. According to an interview, the rapper was arrested two more times and sentenced to 15 and 14 months in prison on each occasion.
Net Worth of King Von
The wealth of King Von is estimated at $200,000. He makes mostly from his music and rapping profession. His monthly income is estimated to be between $25000 and $33000 per source, depending on the source.
He supported or promoted certain businesses on social media, such as Ricchezza, which earned him additional money. He is content with his current lifestyle, but he aspires to acquire a large sum of money and retire early with the proceeds.